Also known as Polydioxanone threads, are absorbable sutures made from a biocompatible material called polydioxanone. Originally used in surgical procedures, PDO threads have gained popularity in recent years as a non-surgical cosmetic treatment for skin tightening and lifting.
PDO threads consist of tiny, dissolvable threads that are inserted into the skin using a needle or cannula. Once inserted, the threads provide support and create a lifting effect in the treated area. Over time, the threads stimulate the production of collagen, a protein that helps maintain skin elasticity and firmness.
There Are Two Primary Types of PDO Threads:
- Mono Threads: Single threads that are inserted in a mesh-like pattern under the skin. Provides a subtle lift. Commonly used to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. In areas such as the forehead, cheeks, and neck.
- Cog Threads: Cog threads have tiny barbs or hooks along their length. These barbs anchor the threads into the skin, allowing for a more significant lift. Used to address more pronounced sagging and provide lifting effects. In areas such as the jowls, nasolabial folds, and eyebrows.
Benefits of PDO Threads Include:
- Skin Tightening and Lifting: PDO threads stimulate collagen production, which helps tighten and lift the skin. This can result in improved skin elasticity, reduced sagging, and a more youthful appearance.
- Non-Surgical Procedure: PDO thread treatments are minimally invasive and do not require general anesthesia or extensive downtime. Most individuals can resume their regular activities shortly after the treatment.
- Collagen Stimulation: The presence of PDO threads in the skin triggers the body’s natural healing response, leading to the production of new collagen. Collagen helps improve skin quality, making it smoother, firmer, and more radiant over time.
- Natural-Looking Results: PDO thread treatments provide natural-looking results as they lift and tighten the skin gradually. The threads dissolved and are absorbed by the body over time. Leaving behind the benefits of increased collagen production.
- Offer versatility and can effectively treat multiple areas of the face and body. Such as the cheeks, jawline, neck, buttocks, and abdomen. They also complement other cosmetic procedures to provide complete rejuvenation for both the face and body.
If you’re considering PDO threads, Lucky for you New look skin center offers free consultations.