Acne Treatment In Glendale, CA
Acne Treatment In Glendale, CA
Acne is a disruption in the skin caused by different factors, including bacteria, hormones and genetics. eLight Acne Therapy is an effective light-based therapy. The eLight Acne Therapy destroys the most common bacteria that cause acne. The goals of treatment for active eruptive acne are: to reduce he bacteria count of the acne-causing Proprionibacterium Acnes, and to control the activity of the sebaceous glands to reduce excess sebum production. The clinical improvements in the appearance of acne are evidenced by reducing the size of individual acne lesions, reducing the frequency of acne eruptions, and promoting faster healing times. The eLight system has FDA clearance for the treatment of acne. eLight/ IPL, “Intense Pulse Light” is one of the safest acne treatments available and proven to be extremely effective on moderate inflammatory acne.
Most clients report some discomfort with little more than a slight snapping or stinging sensation, similar to that of a rubber band. Topical anesthesia can be applied to minimize any discomfort during the procedure.
In most cases, four or five treatments may be required for best results, 2-4 week intervals.
In general, the procedure has a low risk of side effects. Most aggressive treatments might induce some temporary discoloration or reddening of the skin. Some patients may experience pigment changes in skin color; skin will typically return to normal pigmentation over time.
After the laser treatment your skin may be slightly red and tender. The redness usually subsides in a few hours, and you may return to your normal activities immediately.
- Accutane: you should wait at least 6 months after completion of Accutane.
- Taking photosensitivity medications: wait at least 1 week after last dose.
- Seizure disorder
- Patients with any medical condition should have clearance from their primary physician in order to do the treatment.
- Patients with history of HS 1 & 2 lesions should begin prophylaxis prior to treatment.
- Active skin infection
- Cold sensitivity
- Keloid scarring
- Implanted medical devices: should have clearance from their attending Physician
- Avoid sun or any tanning booths/sprays, 1 month before and 2 weeks after treatment.
- You cannot use Smooth Beam over fillers.
- You can use ice pack in case of any discomfort.
- It is recommended you apply a soothing topical product to skin immediately after cooling.
- Apply a moisturizing sunblock with an SPF of 30 or above and continue using in throughout the whole course of treatment.
- You can resume your usual therapeutic topical agents 72 hours after the procedure.
Easily Schedule Your Appointment Online Today
If you have any questions or concerns, please utilize our contact form here.
Get in Touch with Us
We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible. If you are looking to book an appointment, please do so online here.
We encourage your feedback, please feel free to send us a message using the following contact form.