Do you avoid wearing shorts because of the spider veins on your legs? Do you wish you could have smooth, unblemished skin so that you could enjoy the warm weather without worrying about how those ugly veins stand out? Sclerotherapy might be the answer for you!
What is sclerotherapy
It’s not bad enough that spider veins are unsightly – they can also be uncomfortable or even downright painful. Sclerotherapy is a safe, quick way to get rid of spider veins. Here are a few things you should know about sclerotherapy:
- It is a minimally invasive outpatient procedure. A very fine needle is used to inject a solution into the veins (typically saline), which causes the vein to collapse. The old vein tissue is eventually absorbed by the body, and blood is rerouted to other healthy veins.
- It typically only takes an hour or less.
- It is very effective, and you’ll start to see results right away. However, it may take a few weeks for the veins to disappear completely, and you may need more than one treatment session.
- Can be used to treat veins on the hands and face.
- It can be used to treat smaller varicose veins, but it is not as effective on larger varicose veins.
- It is reported to cause little pain and only minimal discomfort. You may have some bruising, redness, or marks on the skin after the procedure, but this is normal and will go away on its own.
- You should avoid strenuous activity for about a week afterwards, although moderate exercise is all right (your doctor will give you complete after-procedure instructions).
- You may be given compression hose to wear. They will help your body to absorb the treated veins, and you’ll have to wear them when you are awake for about 2 weeks.
Getting rid of those spider veins on your legs is easy, thanks to sclerotherapy from New Look Skin Center. Laser vein treatment is also another option to get rid of veins. Call today for a consultation to discuss which one might be right for you. Call (818) 662-5005 today!